Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Blogging... Take 2

Well, as some of you might know, I use to have a blog. I deleted it. That was stupid.

Anyway.... I've been sucked into the world of blogging.... again! What in the world could I possibly have to blog about? In most peoples minds: Married + no children = BORING! My life is quite the opposite. My husband David and I don't need kids to be interesting. Trust me. Let me give you some examples.

We treat our pets like they are children. Seriously. They have more toys than most toddlers on this continent.

We are a family of 2, and we drive a monstrosity of an SUV.

We sometimes sit side-by-side on the couch and text each other. We think it is fun.

I won't buy generic brand ketchup. It just tastes weird. My friend Jen pointed this out to me. In fact, she coined the phrase "ghetto ketchup". I concur. If I come to your house and you serve ghetto ketchup, please notify me in advance so that I can bring my own.

I love to vacuum. I have a weird obsession with my Dyson Animal. I love using it and then inspecting the junk that I suck up. Sometimes I even save it to show people.

I am a huge USC fan. If you are at our house during a game, you aren't allowed to speak, unless it's during commercial. If you cheer against the Trojans you will be cut out of our will and taken off of our Christmas card list. In fact, it's best you park in your garage, because I would probably key your car.

I love reality TV. I'm not ashamed to admit that I am addicted to America's Next Top Model, The Bachelor and The Hills. I also enjoy mindless shows about high school kids- Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill and 90210. Go ahead, make fun of me, but make sure you sleep with one eye open.

I actually hate movies that can't really happen. Don't try and get me to watch Lord of the Rings, The Matrix, The Hulk, Iron Man or other stupid movies like that. They aren't real. Now, Sex and the City- that is real life. Four skanky women who love shoes! If that's not real life, I don't know what is.

David does a remarkable impression of a cheerleader. I encourage you all to ask him to share this hidden talent. He usually has to be begged or bribed, but it's worth whatever it costs you. Offer to buy him a pair of shoes. The way to his heart is through his feet. Ah, a man after my own heart. Oh, and ask him about the time he tasered himself. This probably explains his frequent bouts of tourettes. Friend who is a cop + "Hey David, check out my taser" = A BAD IDEA!

I love my family and would do anything for them. This blog is mostly for them, since we live in another state and don't get to see them as often as we would like. It's also for my own personal entertainment, as I am easily amused.Come back and visit often, as I promise not to disappoint.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to have you back on here! I missed your obscure view on life :o)

    ReplyDelete